“Don’t kill the goose that lays the golden egg”
This book is a classic and should be on your must reads if you have not read the book as yet.
I didn’t find it an easy read, however it is well worth the effort as it does go into depth into each habit which are as follows:
1. Be Proactive “Principle of personal vision”
2. Begin with the end in mind “Principle of personal Leadership”
3. Put first things first “Principle of personal management”
4. Think win/win “Principle of interpersonal leadership
5. Seek first to understand, then to be understood “Principle of empathetic communication”
6. Synergize “Principle of creative cooperation”
7. Sharpen the saw “Principle of balanced self-renewal”
I appreciate that all the principles are of equal standing (just like the 10 commandments), here comes the but, but my favourite and the one that I like to practice the most is – seek first to understand, then to be understood. I hope you enjoy the book!